A Guide to Local Businesses
Updated: 12th August 2022
Here is a summary of the current opening times of local places of interest and businesses.
Visitor Information & Community Shop
Bùth Bharraigh is OPEN: 1 April to 30 September
Mon - Fri: 10:00am-7:00pm
Sat: 10:00am-4:00pm, 6pm - 7pm*
Sun: 12noon - 4pm, 6pm - 7pm**
*If the Oban ferry delayed (Mon-Fri) the Buth will close at 6pm and open for ferry arrival
**If the Oban ferry delayed (Sat &Sun) the Buth will close at 4pm and open for ferry arrival
Operated by Aurora Trans Company
Taxis and Car Hire
• Asty’s Barra Cabs is OPEN
• Barra Car Hire is OPEN
• Barra Taxi is OPEN and Island Tours available
T: 01871 810012 / 0797 407 1255
• Campbell's Taxi is OPEN Evenings from 6:00pm
• Dan’s Taxis is OPEN and Island Tours available
Ardmhor Coffee at the wee ferry
• Barra Bike Hire is OPEN.
Please book bikes at least a day ahead of when they are required to
allow for preparation time. Either book directly with Barra Bike Hire
or Bùth Bharraigh. 01871 817948
• Barra Clay Pigeon Club is OPEN
Shoots most Sundays or prior arrangment contact via social media.
For people from 10 years old and upwards.
• Barra Golf Club is OPEN to members and visitors
(Golf clubs are available for hire at Bùth Bharraigh for £5 per day)
• Barra Heritage Centre is OPEN
Mon - Fri - 10:30am - 1:30pm
Questions/requests can be emailed to email@example.com
or contact Bùth Bharraigh
• Barra Island Tours is OPEN.
• Beauty Republic is OPEN.
Monday - Saturday 9:30am - Late, by appointment only.
• 75min Boat Tours are OPEN
Contact Bùth Bharraigh for more information
• Castlebay Library is OPEN
Tuesday 4-6pm, Thursday 6-8pm, Saturday 10am-1pm
• Clearwater Paddling is OPEN.
• Climb Barra is OPEN.
• Hebridean Sea Tours is OPEN.
• Isle of Barra Distillers is OPEN
Monday - Saturday 10am - 5pm.
• Isle of Barra Surf and Coastal Adventure is OPEN.
• Kisimul Castle is CLOSED for 2022.
• Mingulay Boat Trips is OPEN.
• Swimming Pool & Gym are OPEN.
Sessions can be booked on CnES sports and leisure app.
Barra Bike Hire
Bars, Restaurants and Cafes
• Ardmhor Café is OPEN
Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday, 9am - 3.30pm
• Ardmhor Food Truck is OPEN
Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday - Sunday, 8.30am - 2.30pm,
There may be additional openings check social media for updates
• Barra Airport Café is CLOSED PERMANENTLY
• Café Kisimul is OPEN
Monday - Saturday 4:00pm to 8:00pm
Frozen & Fresh Cafe Kisimul curries available in Bùth Bharraigh
• Castlebay Hotel is OPEN
For dinner seating at 6:00pm or 6:30pm but must be booked.
• Castlebay Bar is OPEN
• Craigard Hotel is OPEN for evening meals
Sunday - Thursday 5:00pm to 7:00pm
Friday - Saturday 5:30pm to 7:30pm
• Craigard Bar OPEN
Seven Days - 2:00pm to 10:00pm
• Croft Kitchen Barra OPEN
Honesty box in Eoligarry selling home baking and eggs
• Garadh a Bhagh a Tuath Cafe is OPEN: CLOSED on 15th August
Monday & Friday 09:30am to 2:30pm
Tues, Wed, Thurs 09:30am to 3:30pm
• Greim at Grinn is OPEN
Check social media for open times
Evening meals from the 4th July
• Heathbank Hotel is OPEN
• Heathbank Hotel Bar is OPEN
Daily from 1:00pm - 11:00pm
• Joan’s Barra Pizza is OPEN
Friday & Saturday 5:00 - 8:00pm
• Macroon’s Tea Room is CLOSED PERMANENTLY
• Mairi’s Chippy is OPEN
Wednesday, Friday and Saturdays 5:30 - 7:30pm
• Padula's Island Takeaway is OPEN
Monday to Thursday 9:30am to 4:45pm
Friday & Saturday 9:30am to 6:00pm
Sunday 11:00am to 5:30pm
• The Deck is OPEN
Tuesday - Saturday - 10:30am - 7:00pm
• Vatersay Hall Café is OPEN
Monday - Saturday - 11:00am - 4:00pm
Sunday - 12:00pm - 3:00pm
Freshly made pizza from Joan's Barra Pizza
Freshly made curry from Cafe Kisimul
Caravan and Campsites
(Community would prefer campsites are used rather than wild camping. Please book (except Vatersay)
• Barra Sands Campsite is OPEN: April to September 2022
• Borve Campsite is OPEN for campervans and tents
• Croft No 2 Campsite is OPEN
Camping and Caravanning Club members only
(can join on site, ID needed)
• Croft 183 Barra Holidays is OPEN.
• MacNeil, Bogach OPEN (two pitches with water and electric)
• Scurrival Campsite is OPEN: April to October 2022
• Vatersay Community Campsite is OPEN.
Toilets & Showers OPEN.
• Wavecrest Campsite is OPEN
Shops and Services
• A & C MacLean’s (Butcher’s) is OPEN
Monday to Saturday 8:00am to 5:30pm
Sunday 11:00am to 13:00pm
• Barratlantic Fish Shop is OPEN
Monday to Friday 08:30am to 4:30pm
Saturday 08:30am to 12:00pm
• Beauty Republic is OPEN appointments only
• Croft 2 campsite shop OPEN 3:00pm to 6:00pm everyday
• Caledonian MacBrayne Castlebay Office is OPEN.
New phone number 01871 200 304
Mon-Fri 6:00am to 5:00pm
Sat 7:00am to 3:00pm
Sun 6:00am to 12:00noon
• Castlebay Co-op is OPEN
Monday to Saturday 7:00am to 10:00pm
Sunday 12:30pm to 10:00pm
• Castlebay Post Office is OPEN
Monday to Friday 9:00am-4:30pm
• Garadh a Bhagh a Tuath Community Garden is OPEN
Monday-Friday 9:00am - 3:00pm
Produce can also be purchased through Bùth Bharraigh.
• Padula's Island Stores is OPEN
Monday to Friday 9:00am to 5:30pm
Saturday 9:00am to 6:00pm
Sunday 10:30am to 6:00pm
• Royal Bank of Scotland is OPEN
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday
10:00am to 12:30pm and 1:00pm to 4:00pm
• Thrift Shop is OPEN
Tuesdays & Thursdays 12noon to 2:00pm
Wednesday 2:00pm - 4:00pm
Saturdays 2:00pm to 4:00pm.
Donations can be taken in during open hours.
• Top Shop is OPEN
Monday to Saturday 10:00 to 1:00pm, 2:00pm to 4:00pm
(Thursday pm ask at A&C MacLean's)
• Castlebay Marina is OPEN.
• Garrygall Recycling Centre is OPEN
Wed 12:00pm - 5:00pm
Sat 10:00am - 5:00pm
Sun 10:00am - 5:00pm
• Ardmhor Ferry Waiting Room Toilets are OPEN
• Barra Airport Toilets CLOSED, passengers only
• Castlebay Co-op Toilet is OPEN during shop opening hours.
• Castlebay Hall Toilets are OPEN everyday between 9am and 9pm
• Castlebay Pier Toilets are OPEN, customers only
• Garadh Changing Places Toilet is OPEN (Northbay Community Garden)
• Vatersay Community Hall Toilets are OPEN